2013 has been a busy year for the 7th De La Salle Cubs – here is a flavour of some of the activities we have been up to.
• We had 8 weekends throughout the year
• We did 9 hikes during the year
• We did 10 weeks of horse riding lessons
• We had 16 cubs start their Chief Scout Award, 10 finished it and have been awarded their badge which have been sent to Brian Fanning for presentation a suitable event will be organised so that these can be awarded.
• We took part in the Gracedieu Nature Woodland Project and a plaque will be installed to mark all the work that our Cubs have done. There was a presentation on Saturday 16th November in Gracedieu and we planted more trees.
• 16 Cubs went on to scouts in July after the group weekend.
• Since September we have 26 cubs and 3 leaders with a further 4 leaders on the way.
• 2014 will be Awesome!
Update with thanks to Billy Collins.